Monday, December 02, 2013

Television and Cinema Verities #98


"I was delighted with the success of Star Wars. I've always felt that when you get a money-making machine at the box office, it turns everything around.  I think we're headed into a new era of science fiction with talented writers turning more and more toward it."

- Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry discusses Star Wars, and how it led to the return of Trek in an interview with Desmond Ryan, "To  Boldly Go Where No Man's Gone Before," Today, The Inquirer Magazine, November 25, 1979, page 14.

1 comment:

  1. I like that in the latest two Star Trek films J.J.Abrams has Admiral Pike's uniform very close to Admiral Kirk's uniform design.

    SGB

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...