Saturday, January 25, 2014

Now Available: We Are What We Sell



Not long ago, I had the pleasure and privilege of contributing to a three-volume scholarly anthology about advertising called We Are What We Sell: How Advertising Shapes American Life, and Always Has.  

My essay is in Volume 3 and involves the movie E.T. (1982) and product placement there (specifically Reese's Pieces).  The essay is called "This Boy's Bedroom: Product Placement, The New Masculinity, and the Rise of Geek Culture in the 1980s." 

Well, the book -- edited by Danielle Sarver Coombs and my adviser at KSU, Bob Batchelor -- is now available at Amazon.com, and presumably shipping to libraries, universities and individual customers.  

So if you get the chance, please check it out, and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like my kind of read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your essay title is perfect regarding E.T. and Elliott's bedroom.

    SGB

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...