Monday, February 17, 2014

Ask JKM a Question: Upside Down (2013)?


A reader named Mark writes:

"Hello. I've been a long-time follower of your blog and I also own a couple of your books. I was just curious if you have ever seen the recent sci-fi film Upside-Down?

I would be curious to hear your thoughts on that film in a future blog post. I don't want to say anything about it in case you haven't seen it but I will simply say it was certainly a unique film. If you get the chance I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. I'm not going to say one way or the other if it's good or bad, but if you haven't seen it and you're looking for something different to review give it a watch.

By the way I love your blog - there's always something interesting to see, from vintage toys and flashbacks to Saturday morning cartoons and reader polls. Where else on the internet could I find an episode-by-episode review of Jason of Star Command?"

Mark, thank you for the kind words about my blog, and also for supporting my work in print (the engine that allows me to continue to blog on a regular basis).  I appreciate it very much.

After reading your question, I viewed Upside Down. 

I will say this about the film right now (and enumerate more in a review to follow tomorrow): Upside Down is visually-dazzling, and it handles the "two worlds"/"haves vs. have nots" scenario better than did the recent, more high-profile Elysium (2013).  

Yes, there will be those who complain about this film's scientific accuracy, which is nil, but I'll go into further detail about why, ultimately, Upside-Down overcomes that deficit in real world Physics tomorrow.

So stay tuned. My review of Upside-Down will be posted tomorrow morning!

And readers: Don't forget to ask me your questions at Muirbusiness@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter The House Between picks up Hermes Creative Award (Platinum!) for 2024

Enter The House Between, our audio drama that finished airing its first season in October of 2023, picked up its second award yesterday!  T...