Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Support the Blog: Buy John's Books!


I hope as you begin thinking about gifts for the holiday season for that movie, horror, or cult-TV fan, you will consider one or more of my books as an option.

I try not to self-promote egregiously on the blog, but every now and then I bring attention back to my works in print, and ask for your support.  

Book royalties, in part, are the fuel that keeps this blog running, and that money allows me to devote time and energy to the blog.

So please, consider supporting the blog this season by buying a Muir Book! There are 25+ to choose from.

Here are a few recent options that may tickle your fancy.

Featuring a foreword by Chris Carter: The X-Files FAQ (2015)


Also featuring a foreword from Chris Carter: Horror Films FAQ (2013)



Science Fiction and Fantasy Films of the 1970s


Horror Films of the 1980s

Terror Television
If you are interested in shopping the full Muir book catalog, check out my author page at Amazon.com.

Have a safe and happy Turkey Day!

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Trust me. If you are a reader of this blog, then you will absolutely love John's books! And the man is wickedly prolific. He has a ton of them out there.

    Here is an excerpt from my Goodreads review for "Terror Television: American Series 1970-1999"

    " 'Fantastic Television' was my bible at that time, but this book gives so much more. Not only do you get a complete (and accurate) episode guide for each show, you get historical context, production background, media reactions of the time, and most of all, the author's own personal analysis. And John Kenneth Muir is not just a reviewer or critic. He is a brilliant media analyst, always giving us keen insights into what a story is really about, and why it does or does not work."

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I've stated before, Horror Films of the 70's80's, 90's are absolute must reads. The re-read factor as reference material for the genre fan is absolutely invaluable.
    There is no book that I currently look forward to the release of more than Horror Films of the 2000s'!!!!

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...