Monday, August 14, 2017

Tell Me Your Favorite/Best Star Trek Episode Choices!



Hi everybody,

Star Trek's (1966-1969) 51st anniversary (September 8) is just a little less than a month away, and as readers here know, I have been working since 2016 to review every episode of the original series as part of the half-century celebration. 

I am deep in a retrospective of the third season at this point, and anticipate being done with the series reviews by mid-October (just in time to celebrate TNG's 30th anniversary!)

But to celebrate Star Trek's anniversary this year, I am asking for your help and participation.  


If you are interested in joining the fun, I will post your top twenty episode choices here on the blog the week of 9/4 - 9/8/17.

The rules are simple:

I need to know your name to put on the post header. (Like, John Muir's Top 20 Star Trek episodes).

Then just rank your favorite or "best" 20 Star Trek episodes (ascending order, 20 - 1). No movies. No animated episodes. No spin-off episodes. Just the original series, please.

And then, the icing on the cake: write an explanation (as short as one sentence, or as long as you desire), explaining the reasons behind your choice.

Send me your top/favorite list by Wednesday 8/30/17, so I can start putting the following week together here on the blog!


I have spent a lot of time writing about Star Trek since 2016, and now I want to know more about what you think, and share your favorites with the rest of the readership.  

So please, join me!

Also, a final note: as I contribute my own list, I see that many of my choices go against conventional wisdom, or tradition.  


So please, feel no responsibility  or obligation to make your list conform with previous fan lists, or conventional likes. Tell the world what you like! 

Your reasons can be about nostalgia, quality, continuity, humor...anything that floats your boat. 

Send your top 20 Star Trek episodes list to: Muirbusiness@yahoo.com.  

I'll post reader lists in the order I receive them! (But start getting them to me as soon as you can, and no later than August 30th, please.).

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...